Jordan D. Berry
Ms. Ferreira
English Language Arts
Period 1
December 19, 2012
Ladies
and gentlemen, I am here to open way of life, a life full of happiness and
peace. This world has become an abyss of violence and depression. This is a
world where there are break ins, there are robberies, there are murders. We can change it. We can make this
world a better place for our next generations. I am always afraid that I am not
safe where I am and I almost never feel safe, not even in my own home. I have a
dream that we will be safe. I have a dream I will no longer be scared, I will
feel safe in my own home, I will feel safe all over the world. I have a dream
the world will change. So come with me open to this mew life of happiness and
peace, come live it with me the way the world should be.
Hi Jordan!
ReplyDeleteI liked your speech and I agree with you that the world is no longer a safe place. Every time I turn on the news, I am depressed because either someone was killed or got robbed or was sent to jail or all of the above and more. Is this what our world is to become? Will these crimes become habbits and occur on a daily basis? I sure hope not! You say we can fix this, but how? Once again, great job and I'm convinced to be on your side.
Catie